Sunday, January 7, 2007

Marathon Week!

Matthew has made it through marathon chemo week!! He started this round of treatments on Tuesday, Jan. 2nd & finished Fri., Jan. 5th. Each day began at 8:30 a.m. and lasted until 3:30 p.m. On Saturday, he got his Neulasta shot which builds the white cells to bolsted his immune system that the chemo destroys. The side effects of the week has mainly been extreme fatigue and weakness with some nausea yesterday and today. We are praying things don't get any worse over the next few days.
We are so proud of Matthew. He is SO courageous!!
We see the doctor on Tuesday and will update then. Right now his next treament is scheduled for Jan. 23rd.
Thanks for your continued love and support. We trust the Lord daily for each challenge. We are blessed!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt and family. Joe and I have been thinking about all of you. Hang in there, Matt. Just keep counting down those treatments that are behind you. You have met this challenge with such bravery and determination. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas and 2007 IS going to be a good year. Best wishes and love to you all. Angie and Joe

Leora said...

Hey Guys... This is Leora and Family.. WOW GUYS.. I heard about ya'll through my sister-in-law.. Was Wondering WHY the Fay family had been on my mind through the holiday season..The Lord put us on each other's minds and hearts for a reason!! I will mention ya'll in my small group tomorrow I love and miss all of you dearly I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS!! HANG IN THERE SWEET MATT!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
Your positive attitude, great sense of humor and faith in God will get you through this! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers! We love you!
Bruce,Carol and Jordan

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt,
You're in my thoughts daily. I can't imagine the chemo treatments because I haven't been through anything like that before. I do know you are strong in the Lord. You have a lot of people praying for you daily. I bet you can feel their prayers. I pray for mom and dad because I know if they could, they would much rather it be them than you. Someday you'll understand the love a parent has for their child. Take care and God Bless you Matt,
Pat Aylor

Anonymous said...

hey fay family! this is mary shell. i love you guys, youre an amazing family. god bless you all.

Becky Rose said...

Hey, Matt and the rest Fay family!! The Rosenbaum family is praying for you and we love you!! We know the Lord is with you and giving you strength and courage daily, and we know that He will never fail you. Love you guys!! Becky

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt. Hope you are doing well. I'm praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Hope this week goes well for ALL of you. We're praying for you! Love, Laura, Joe & boys

Anonymous said...

Matt - We hope today and the chemo days to come are smooth for you. You are such a trooper! It was so great to see you at Refuge a couple weeks ago. Hugs and prayers to you!