Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Update for Matthew for Tuesday, June 17

Dearest Friends and Family,

Matthew began a new regimen of chemo yesterday. He will have treatments for 5 days this week, have off 2 weeks and then have this same round of treatments again. He will have scans in about 6 weeks from yesterday.

His first day went very well even though it was very long. He actually was able to have friends over for a visit last evening. Today went ok but he is very tired this evening, not wanting to eat much, and having some stomach issues. There have not been any other bad side affects so far so we are thanking the Lord for that. We are praying for strength and endurance for him through these days of treatment.

As many of you know, these last 2 weeks have been very tough. Thank you for the extra words of encouragement, powerful words of scripture and prayers sent right through your e-mails and blog entries!! Knowing that God is "everywhere" takes on a whole new meaning when we think of His word and power coming through cyberspace!! Thank you, too, for sharing our needs with more of your friends that have felt led to pray for us as well.

We have exciting news that our son Ian is coming in for a visit next week. It will be so good to have him here with us!!

We have had absolutely beautiful weather today - blue skies, white fluffy clouds, and an amazing cool breeze. It's supposed to even be cooler tomorrow! We are thankful for less humidity and the ability to be outside. Matthew was able to sit out and enjoy the weather for awhile late this afternoon.

Isaiah 41:10 says: "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Love and blessings, Nancy

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update from NY on Wed., June 4

Dear Friends and Family,

Don't have much time but wanted to give you a quick update this afternoon.
Matthew and I are in New York where Matthew had scans yesterday and we received the results today. Unfortunately, those results were not good. There has been more growth of the cancer.

Matthew will begin another chemo combination next Monday in Knoxville with our doctor there with updates being sent to New York periodically. Not sure when we'll do scans again.

We are going to be able to come on home tonight which we are very thankful for. Our flight has been delayed and will not leave until 11 pm to arrive in Ktown at 1:23 am. We plan to go to Matthew's favorite Japanese restaurant and maybe catch a movie before we leave.

Please, please, don't let up on the prayers. If anything, let's all pray even harder. Thank you. We still believe God is in control.

Love to you all,Nancy