Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Update from NY on Wed., June 4

Dear Friends and Family,

Don't have much time but wanted to give you a quick update this afternoon.
Matthew and I are in New York where Matthew had scans yesterday and we received the results today. Unfortunately, those results were not good. There has been more growth of the cancer.

Matthew will begin another chemo combination next Monday in Knoxville with our doctor there with updates being sent to New York periodically. Not sure when we'll do scans again.

We are going to be able to come on home tonight which we are very thankful for. Our flight has been delayed and will not leave until 11 pm to arrive in Ktown at 1:23 am. We plan to go to Matthew's favorite Japanese restaurant and maybe catch a movie before we leave.

Please, please, don't let up on the prayers. If anything, let's all pray even harder. Thank you. We still believe God is in control.

Love to you all,Nancy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am lifting you up in prayer Matt, Nancy, Greg and Ian. I love you all dearly, our God is a mighty God, nothing is impossible to Him and He is with you all at this very moment. I pray for strength, rest, and i speak healing in Jesus' name over Matt and his body. Please know you are being prayed for daily by many. Love you.

Anonymous said...

You and yours are in the prayers or my children and my own. Remember to listen, to find the quiet and peace to listen. God speaks to us in these rare and brief spaces of time if we only listen. Much love

nbta said...

"Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed. Rescue me, and I will be rescued. You are the one I praise."
Jeremiah 17:14

"Praise the Lord, my soul! Praise His holy name, all that is within me. Praise the Lord, my soul...and never forget the good He has done.
He is the One who forgives all your sins,
the One who heals all your diseases,
the One who rescues your life from the pit,
the One who crowns you with mercy and compassion,
the One who fills your life with blessings,
so that you become young again like an eagle."
Psalm 103:1-5

quig said...

Nancy, we pray more fervently for Matthew and you and your family. We will not stop praying or holding you all our thoughts. Peace, john

Anonymous said...

MATT, NANCY, GREG, AND IAN,
I HAVEN'T TALKED WITH YOU IN SO LONG BUT PLEASE KNOW THAT I THINK OF YOU ALL EVERYDAY AND SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU EVERYNIGHT. AS ALWAYS, PLEASE CALL IF THERE IS ANYTHING AT ALL THAT I CAN DO FOR YOU-- EVEN IT IS JUST TO LEND AN EAR OR A SHOULDER THOUGH I KNOW THAT YOU HAVE PLENTY BUT ONE MORE NEVER HURTS. I LOVE YOU ALL!
DEB SPEELMAN

Anonymous said...

Just had you on my mind, and wanted to check on you all! I will continue to remember you, Matthew, Greg, Nancy, and Ian, as you fight this courageous battle. Matt, I'll continue to pray for your healing, and for strength and peace as you continue on your journey.

Much love,
Melissa Hodge